This is a growing list of available restaurant items that are both meat and dairy free (or can be made so) in Washington, D.C. The list exclusively features items that I have personally tried and liked! If you have a suggestion for a local offering I should try, please comment below!
BR/UNCH & CASUAL
- Vegan Quiche – Le Pain Quotidien
- Falafel sandwich or bowl (without adding dairy or mayo toppings) – Falafel Inc.
- Bibimbap with rice, vegetables, tofu and red sauce – Bibibop
- Granola without dairy toppings (not too sweet and nut-heavy) – Bluestone Lane
- Avocado Smash Toast (no feta) – Bluestone Lane
- Blueberry Muffin, Cranberry Orange Muffin – Sticky Fingers
- Eggplant & “Chicken” “Parmesan” – Coppi’s Organic
- Tofu Pho (steamed or fried) with vegetables and vegetarian broth – Pho 14
- Sakuramen vegetarian ramen – Sakuramen
- Coconut donut – Sticky Fingers
- Peanut butter cookie, sweet and salty cookie – Sticky Fingers
- Banana/Peanut Butter/Espresso Smoothie (oat milk option) – Brothers and Sisters
- Vegan Cheesecake – Busboys and Poets
BONUS: SHELLFISH/POTENTIAL SHELLFISH (no other meat, no dairy)
Why don’t I describe items that don’t contain meat, dairy, eggs or fish as “Vegan?”
Veganism is a choice to abstain from all animal products. In addition to meat and dairy, this may include honey, dye made from insects, beeswax, insect-derived shellac, etc. Some of the items listed here may contain these ingredients, and therefore this list is meat free and dairy free, but not vegan. However, if a restaurant indicates that an item is fully vegan, I will indicate that with a (v).